A New Philospy, a New Direction, A New Centre and a New Resort.
The Best Freediving Centre in the World, it Sounds all Nice and Fancy, but What Does it Mean….
It came as a shock to the people who we told the news first.
Are you really splitting up the business? Yes, we are.
We started in Panglao in 2015, in 2018, early 2019 we moved to a new location, but mid-2019 we split up the FREEDIVE+. For different reasons, but most of all, because of a different way of thinking.
On September 1st, 2019, the entire international team left the old centre and moved into a new and incredible academy.
We thought about it long and hard; we don’t want to be the biggest anymore, we need to be better, we need to be different, and we need to do it our way.
What makes the Best Freediving Centre in the World?
Highly Skilled Instructors, a Great Facility, Premium Freediving Gear and Teaching Materials and a Fantastic Location!
We are building in phases, and the 2nd phase is almost completed which means the centre is fully operational and we extended the pool to a two-lane 25-meter competition pool with static area. We expect to finish the entire freediving academy and sports resort by the end of 2020. Do you want the best? Good! Because we are building you the best-equipped freediving education centre in the world!
The Freedive Academy Panglao and Eco-Friendly Apnea Sports Resort!
- 2 ‘smaller’ classrooms suited for 4 students – but with plenty of space left to accomodate at least 8 students each.
- 1 Instructor Training classroom suited for 10 students build for our SSI Instructor Courses, Molchanovs Instructor Courses and Workshops.
We extended the pool to a two-lane 25-meter pool with a shallow water static area. The pool has comfortable shallow-water sitting areas for the spectators – or for those who just want to chill out in the pool :). From time-to-time we’ll still travel to the 50-meter Olympic pool in Tagbilaran via a 20-minute scooter ride.
Open Air Gym and Exercise Area:
We have a small (but big enough) outdoor gym area which is already equipped with several home trainers for apnea cycling and apnea rowing. In the next months we’ll add more weights for dumble training and other basic strenght training. The outdoor area will also get an exercise area for TRX, battle ropes and pull-ups. We expect to have the gym finished and fully equipped by April.
Restaurant and Lounge Areas:
We expect to open our brand new restaurant ‘The Bottom Plate’ late March, early April. We will be serving (mostly local and organic) strictly vegetarian and vegan meals that not only look spectacular but are each super healthy and perfect for athletes, seekers of depth and adventurers.
Furthermore, we’ll have several shaded outside areas for people to hang out and chill (read; sleep) after their sessions.
9 Large Luxury Bamboo Bungalows:
The first five sports bungalows are expected to be finished by the end of February. The additional four bungalows will be built during the low season of 2020 in July and August. The bamboo bungalows have a high-grade heat isolation and are equipped with A/C’s and humidifiers, ventilators, mini-refrigerator, and each with their own dedicated high-speed fibre internet connection.
The Building, and what’s Next.
And of course, the remainder of the facility is top-notch too. We have a big reception, lounge and shop area, a nice office, showers and locker rooms. Everything that a proper freediving centre needs to operate efficiently.
When everything is finished – hopefully, this coming March, we’ll continue later this year in the low season and build an additional 4 bungalows. We are working some incredible ideas, but it’s way to early to go public with this 🙂
We are building something incredible on a fantastic island, but for sure from time-to-time, there will be some inconvenience.
We immediately apologise for this, but we want you to be part of it, please bear with us 🙂
A final big big big thank you!
- You, our customer gave us the belief we could actually pull this off. You came by the hundreds and loved what we were doing. Thank you for everything! You freaking rock!
- And big big big thank you to our instructors, staff and interns. With well over 20 staff members world-wide we are a big centre, but thanks to you we were able to keep the family and personal atmosphere. You are the Freedive Academy Panglao, and we couldn’t be happier with our freediving family! Thank you!
- And last but not least; the investors. Thank you for the trust you have in our plans, dreams, wishes and goals – it’s truly incredible! We are proud to call you our friends!
* We’ll continue to update this page with the developments of the centre. Last page update was in February 2020.